On Tuesday, May 3, at 11:00 am London time (5:00 am Chicago time), LMAX Digital market data will be included in the CME CF Reference Rates and Real Time Indices for both Bitcoin and Ether.
The CME CF Reference Rates are used to settle CME cryptocurrency futures. CF Benchmarks, the leading cryptocurrency index provider, is the Administrator for the CME CF Cryptocurrency Indices.
The reference rate and real-time index for each cryptocurrency is based on robust methodologies that have regular expert oversight and are designed to accelerate the professionalization of cryptocurrency trading. Cryptocurrency futures and options at CME Group are cash-settled to CME CF Reference Rates.
Several leading crypto exchanges and trading platforms provide pricing data for the CME CF pricing indices, including Bitstamp, Coinbase, Gemini, itBit, and Kraken.
CME CF Reference Rates:
- Aggregate the trade flow of major cryptocurrencies on spot exchanges during specific calculation windows into daily reference rates of the U.S. dollar price of select cryptocurrencies.
- Calculation rules built to maximize transparency and replicability in the underlying spot markets.
- Designed around best practices for financial benchmarks.
- Published at 4 p.m. London time (BRR and ETHUSD_RR) and 4 p.m. New York (BRRNY and ETHUSD_NY).
- BRR and ETHUSD_RR are used to settle the underlying CME futures contracts.