The institutional FX world continued its strong first half of 2022 into June, with leading ECNs all posting an increase (although modest) in trading volumes for the month.
Overall, trading volumes reported by the leading eFX ECNs were up by an average of 4% MoM in June as compared to May 2022, with each of Cboe FX, 360T, FXSpotStream and EuronextFX seeing single-digit increases in activity, as follows:
Cboe FX (formerly HotspotFX)
- June 2022 average daily volumes were $39.71 billion, +0.4% from May’s $39.56 billion.
EuronextFX (formerly FastMatch)
- June 2022 ADV $23.19 billion, +0.2% from May’s ADV of $23.14 billion.
- FXSpotStream’s ADV MoM (June‘22 vs May’22) increased 9.32% to USD63.837billion
- FXSpotStream’s ADV YoY (June’22 vs June‘21) increased 30.04%
- FXSpotStream’s Overall Volume YoY (June‘22 vs June‘21) increased 30.04% to USD1.404trillion, the 6th month in a row with supported volume well over 1 Trillion
- FXSpotStream’s ADV YTD (Jan-June’22) is USD61.731billion, an increase of 23.93% compared to the same period last year
- Average daily volumes (ADV) at 360T came in at $28.28 billion in June 2022, up 5.2% from May’s $26.88 billion.